Beam Project Proposal > Open call (USA)
Beam Camp is a collaborative building and design summer camp in Strafford, NH that works with kids aged 10-17 to make the seemingly impossible possible. Their award-winning program has been featured in the New York Times, Wired, NPR, and designboom, and offers young people the opportunity to cultivate hands-on skills while exploring innovative thinking, design, problem solving and the creative process.
Beam Camp is looking for the following:
- Proposals from creative individuals and teams, including but not limited to Artists, Designers, Filmmakers, Architects, Builders, Engineers, Musicians, Fabricators & Technologists
- Visionary ideas that culminate with a unique, ambitious, and spectacular product
- Proposals that communicate a clear vision (sketches, diagrams, and other visuals are always helpful) and represent your/your team’s expertise
- allow us to create the majority of the components onsite and from scratch
- utilize a range of materials, processes and techniques
- take advantage of Beam’s facilities, community, landscape, and rural setting
- Project Designers will receive a stipend of $3,000.
- Project Designers will be reimbursed for all reasonable travel costs related to site visit
- Beam Camp will allot a budget of $12,500 for Project materials and expenses, including those related to prototyping and design
- Project Designers should have a general understanding of the processes, techniques and materials involved in their proposal
- Project Designers must be available for weekly Skype meetings January 30 through June 30 in order to facilitate any necessary development, prototyping and problem solving
- Project Designers must be able to provide plans according to the project schedule
Deadline: 6 January 2019