Pergine Festival (Italy) > OPEN /// CONTEMPORARY [URBAN] CREATION 2019
The call for proposals for OPEN /// CONTEMPORARY [URBAN] CREATION 2019 is addressed to artists (individuals, companies or collectives) operating in the context of national and international contemporary creation. It aims at producing projects which create a dialogue with the urban space and its inhabitants, with the objective of encouraging productive and distributive opportunities through a collaboration between a series of Italian cultural organisations.
The aim of the call is to explore urban space and the public sphere through projects and artistic interventions that are able to reinvent/imagine/investigate public space, temporarily transforming the places and the relational trajectories that run through them. Public space is conceived as a form of time and a research area, a horizon where the spectator can reconnect with the urban, historical, architectural and relational fabric of a specific place.
The call, launched by Pergine Spettacolo Aperto/Pergine Festival with the collaborative support of Zona K (Milan), InVisible Cities (Gorizia) and/or Digital Contaminations (Cormons), and Indisciplinarte/Ternifestival (Terni), promotes a collaboration which supports contemporary creation in the field of performing arts, architecture and new technologies for public space both in financial as well as in creative terms.
Tha call supports:
– the presentation of projects that have been already produced, which should be re-designed for the urban space and the context of Pergine. Theatre, music and dance shows/performance created for traditional theatrical space will not be accepted. The selected projects will be presented during Pergine Festival 2019, and at least one of the projects might also be hosted by Zona K and/or InVisible Cities (Gorizia) and /or Digital Contaminations (Cormons)
– one new production, which consists of an original creation of a project for the public space; to this project we’ll offer a joint economic support and a joint programme of artistic residences, plus a creative and promotional support thanks to the synergy between all the partners, within the respective national and international networks. The selected project will debut at Pergine Festival 2019, with the opportunity to present it also in Zona K (Milan), InVisible Cities (Gorizia) and / or Digital Contaminations (Cormons) and Indisciplinarte/Ternifestival (Terni).
For the presentation section in Pergine, the call includes:
• a financial support of € 2.000 (gross,including tax and social security contributions and artistic fee, specific technical needs and travel);
• max.4 nights in shared accommodation.
For additional exhibition opportunities in presenting the project at Zona K (Milan) and/or InVisible Cities (Gorizia) and/or Digital Contaminations (Cormons), each partner will offer:
• additional financial support of € 1.300 (gross, including taxes and artistic fee, specific technical needs and travel);
• max.3 nights in shared accommodation.
4_ For the new production section the call includes:
• a total financial support of € 8.250 (gross, including taxes and social security contributions, artistic fee and production costs, specific technical needs and travel);
• a creative consultancy and support to the development of the project and its promotion;
• additional support* for the different periods of artistic residency (according to the modalities of each residence) in Milan, Gorizia or Cormons, Terni and Pergine Valsugana between February and October 2019, to be agreed with the partners, after the final selection and according to the needs of the project;
• the debut of the project at Pergine Festival in July 2019, and the possible presentation within the programming of Zona K (Milan), InVisible Cities (Gorizia) and/or Digital Contaminations (Cormons) and Indisciplinarte/Ternifestival/CAOS – Centro Arti Opificio Siri between September and December 2019;
• accommodation for a maximum of 3 or 4 nights in each city for the presentation of the project.
Deadline: 10 December 2018