Emotional Europe > Call for participants (Romania / Belgium)
Gabriela Tudor Foundation (Bucharest) and Next Generation, Please! festival organised by BOZAR – Centre for Fine Arts in Brussels are launching a call for participants for 11 young people from Belgium and Romania interested in participating to an artistic exchange project to take place in Bucharest and Brussels between November 2018 – May 2019. Developed by Romanian choreographer Cosmin Manolescu, Emotional Europe proposes to zoom into the life, interests and politics of the new generation, but also reflect on experiences that propose to go beyond the comfort zone and on the new trends in contemporary art, by using the concept of emotional body and by questioning the role of activism in Europe today. What does it mean to be emotional today? What does it mean to be a European citizen? What is the future of Europe and how can we contribute to it right now?
The project will be developed in two short residencies-emotional trips in Bucharest and Brussels, through a series of workshops, seminars and meetings with activists and politicians in from Belgium and Romania. Those interested should be available to participate in the project residencies (approx. 12 working days, 5-6 hours/ day) and to take part in a series of discussions and seminars with artists, activists and politicians focusing on the future of Europe. The result of the exchange will be presented in the frame of Next Generation, Please! festival to take place on May 9-10, 2019 at BOZAR in Brussels.
– To be open and have an interest in discovering new cities and contemporary art forms as well as to share their opinions about what means to be European today.
– Born between January 1993 and January 2000, respectively being between 18-25 years old at the date of the project start, and residents in Romania or Belgium.
– Fluency in English or French and able to travel and participate in two exchange residencies to take place between January 10-18, 2019 in Bucharest and between May 1-10, 2019 in Brussels.
– Belgium applicants should be able to participate in two seminars in Brussels on November 25, 2018 and April 25, 2019.
– The visual artists or the bloggers applicants should be able to create content and document with photos/video/text the whole exchange and artistic process on a blog dedicated to the project.
– Emerging artists from various disciplines are welcome to apply, the experience in contemporary dance is not necessary.
What is offered?
– The opportunity to participate in an artistic project, meet new people, make new friends and experience the world of contemporary dance.
– The opportunity to travel for free to Romania (for Belgium participants) and to Belgium (for Romanian participants) for approx. 7-10 days (all travelling costs – plane ticket, accommodation, per diem and cultural programme will be covered through the project).
– The possibility to work with a Romanian choreographer as well to meet other artists, activists and politicians from Romania and Belgium.
– All participants will receive a fee.
Deadline: 20 September 2018