Open call > Regards d’artistes sur l’Union - Visual Arts (France)
The Groupe A – Coopérative Culturelle launches an open call to present art works that will take part to an exhibition planned from November to December at the « Champs Libre », the third place of the Union eco-neighbourhood in Roubaix, Tourcoing and Wattrelos (France), as part of the project Regards d’artistes sur l’Union (R.A.U).
« Regards d’artistes sur l’Union » (understand “artists’ views on the Union”) is a program initiated in 2015, from the collaboration between the SEM Ville Renouvelée – Union’s urban planner and the Groupe A – Coopérative Culturelle. Both structures have teamed up to develop cultural actions in the area about: urban renovation, industrial renovation, ecology, architecture, memory of territories, urban art, eco-neighbourhood.
In addition to their works, the Groupe A – Coopérative Culturelle would like to invite two artists to present artworks dealing with urban transformation.
>>> Eligible works of art :
Painting, sculpture, drawing, models, video, installation, photography, graphic design, new media arts, sound arts.
>>> Eligible artists:
This project is open to artists of all nationalities, without an age limit, proving a professional experience in the art field.
>>> The commitments of the project participant :
- Respond to one the themes of the project (urban renovation, industrial renovation, ecology, architecture, places’ memory, urban art, town planning, eco-neighbourhood).
- Propose a work of art that doesn’t need production.
- Supply communication elements to promote the work of art (text, biography, HD imagery, plate elements).
- Let the organisers have the copyrights as part of the exhibition promotion (communication about the project, press articles).
>>> The Groupe A – Coopérative Culturelle commits to:
- Take on presentation rights of the work(s) of art up to 500€ for each selected artists.
- Welcome the two selected artists during the exhibition preview (assuming travel, accommodation and catering fees).
- Assume the work of art’s arrival and departure transport fees.
- Attest a nail-to-nail insurance.
- Ensure an appropriate hanging of the work of art by a skilful technician team.
- Deploy a public and professional communication using paper and digital formats.
- Organize mediation and the exhibition preview.
Deadline: 4 October 2018