Call for artists Subcase 2019
11-15 February 2019 Subcase takes place for the 10th time! Subcase is a Nordic showcase and market place for contemporary circus, and one of the ways we work to support artists and create possibilities for Nordic artistic work to reach out in Scandinavia and the world. Subcase 2019 mainly takes place in Hangaren Subtopia, in Botkyrka, and will be curated in cooperation with a number of Nordic venues and festivals.
If you wish to perform a full length show, present a work in progress or present a pitch, then you need to apply. Please observe that only companies based in the Nordic and Baltic countries are eligible.
How the selection of artistic projects will be made for Subcase 2019
A selection committee curates the artistic program for Subcase. The focus is on building a dynamic and diverse program, which allows a good Subcase experience for both presenters and artists. The selection committee will be constituted by representatives of venues from the Nordic and Baltic countries (members of the committee will be decided in June).
The selection committee followes some criterias:
* Subcase only presents full length performance projects, no acts or numbers
* The full length shows must be in touring format
* The work in progress and pitches must be projects that aim to be full length shows
* The performances must be bookable from at latest autumn 2019 (not work in progress)
* The selection shall represent a width of genres, styles, audiences, sizes
* The shows must be suitable for an international audience
* Work in progress/pitches must have a clear purpose to present to international presenters
* The program shall represent an artistic diversity of interest for international presenters
The companies selected for Subcase will be charged an administrative fee of 1500 SEK/company incl VAT for their participation (the same fee that the programmers pay for their participation).
The selected artistic companies will receive the following at Subcase:
• Live presentation of the performance/work in progress/pitch at Subcase • Stage tech, sound and light according to agreements
• Travels, transport and accommodation according to agreements
• A table in the exhibition space (must sign up before deadline) • Subcase goodie bags for all registered members of the team
• Tickets to all Subcase shows and seminars for all registered members of the team
• Visibility on the Subcase web page and in the program folder given to all participants
• Possibility to participate in the feedback partnerships program
• Access to a unique meeting place for Nordic and international circus • Parties and evening mingles
Deadline: 31 July 2018