Generator (France) > Call for artists and curators
40mcube and EESAB have joined to propose a new programme for artists and curators, in partnership with the contemporary art network of Brittany including the contemporary art centers : La Criée (Rennes) and Passerelle (Brest), Frac Bretagne (Regional contemporary art Fund), Archives de la critique d’art (Rennes), Documents d’artistes Bretagne, a.c.b - art contemporain en Bretagne, the company Self Signal, the law firm Avoxa, 02 and Le Chassis magazines.
GENERATOR is a programme aimed at emerging and newly established artists and curators, who have acquired previous relative training and a certain level of professionalization. This programme aims to provide young artists and curators the crucial edge on critique, technique and competences developed in Brittany, which is a dynamic region composed of many contemporary art organisations dedicated to exhibitions, collections, research, and edition.
GENERATOR selects each year four recent graduate artists and gives them the means to dedicate themseves completely to their artistic practice, for a seven month period. This policy of support combines the conditions to help the artists develop and deepen their research work, to produce new works, and to create their own professional network.
GENERATOR offers each selected artist a studio, financial support and direct access and contact with the professional community of contemporary art in France and abroad.
GENERATOR selects each year four graduate curators for a one month prospectus residency which involves writing critical texts, meeting the GENERATOR program artists, and also artists from the region.
GENERATOR provides each young curator with a working space, financial support and access favoured towards the professional contemporary art networks in Brittany.
For the artists
- A stipend of 3000 euros including VAT
- Production aid of about 3000 euros depending upon the projects, and the production costs
- A housing financial assistance under certain conditions
- The provision of a studio and a collective production equipment support platform
At the same time, GENERATOR will coordinate the main production studios for all four sites of EESAB (BrestLorient-Quimper-Rennes).
Each artist will have access to all of the specialised studios including specialist areas such as : resin, metalwork, woodwork, ceramics, printmaking, photography laboratory, video and sound editing…
- Critical support from professional partners : artists and theoricians, art center directors, art critics… - Technical support for the production works
- The access to networking with some local industries
- Providing professional work experience : workshops with students, lectures, editing of exhibitions… - Time to generate collective works (in the form of seminars)
- A presentation time of the work
For the curators
- 1000 euros including VAT
- A housing proposal
- Meetings with different key figures in the artistic scene in Brittany : artists, critics, curators… - A working studio with web connection
Deadline: 16 June 2018
Find all details online (scroll down for English)