Open call for PREMIERE, an international program for a choreographic debut (Estonia)
PREMIERE is an international program for a choreographic debut, offering professional platform for young choreographers to introduce their artistic vision at their very first movement based dance performance.
In the framework of the program the organisers offer to maximum five selected choreographers three days long residency at the Pardimäe residency center, two- week long residency at the Sõtlumatu Tantsu Lava/ STL in Estonia or Gertrudes Ielas Teatris in Riga with the experienced dance artists mentorship. An opportunity to present oneself and one’s creation in the public showing in Sept 2018 at the STL stage. The names of the two directors/ choreographers, who will be selected out of fives based on their showing in Sept 2018 at STL, will get the production support to form their ideas together with his/her performance team into dance performance during residencies in Estonia and abroad and will be announced after the residency showcase in September.
Their performances will premiere at the STL on February 8, 2019 and will tour later on in Estonia and abroad.
The 5 choreographers selected to be part of the PREMIERE program will be engaged in a year transnational collaboration process like artistic incubator, which include:
• Three day residency at the Pardimäe coached by Kaja Kann
• Two week of movement based residency at the PREMIERE partner organization mentorshiped by the experienced performing and dance artists like Karl Saks, Ruslan Stepanov, Tiina Mölder, Ajjar Ausma, Kaja Kann, Andrejs Jarovojs
• A public showing after the movement residency with the feedback session by the audience and an experienced artist
• A media platform to introduce itself
• Selected 2 choreographers will get help to complete their performance teams and get a second 3 week long residency with a mentorship to create a dance performance
• For 2 selected choreographers with their teams a rehearsal and a montage period at the stage with a professional technical support and a producer
• Coaching during the production period by experienced artists
• Premiere at theatre stage
• Professional feedback in a public media
• Documentation and recording of the performances
• International tour in partners stages
• Funding for a production period
• Becoming part of the PREMIERE network
Deadline: 23 February 2018