Nomadways (France) > Open call > workshop
Gender equality has a universally recognized benefit for people. However, our visual references (media, advertisements, movies, …), are still full of sexist stereotypes and vividly illustrate the depth of stereotypes permeating our contemporary civilization. Yet everyone have much to gain equality of all people, genders and sexes.
The workshop in Brivezac, France, April 30 – May 14 2018, will invite youth workers and artists to lend their support to involve youth for gender equity. The organisers have chosen to address this topic through the use of creative digital tools because images are a powerful tool for reflection and call to action, and digital media has the widest impact reach. They intend to bring everyone messages for gender equity and equality through digital images.
WeMen will bring together 24 men and women in equal proportions of youth workers, visual artists, gender activists and theoricians from different parts of Europe: 8 French, 4 Polish, 4 Bulgarian, 4 Portuguese and 4 Turkish.
The workshop will end with a local exhibition of comic strips to engage young people in favor of gender equality.
* Dates: 30 April – 14 May 2018
* Location: Brivezac, France
* Who: the organisers are looking for activists, educators, youth workers, writers and visual artists – artivists!
* Where from: France, Poland, Turkey, Bulgaria, Portugal (if you live somewhere else, still apply – we’re flexible)
*Results: not later than 5 January 2018
* The project is co-founded by Erasmus+
* Food, travel costs and accommodation are covered.
* Travel reimbursement up to the following amounts: travelling from Poland, Bulgaria, Portugal – 275 euro, France – 180 euro, Turkey – 530 euro
* There is a 50 EUR participation fee, taken from the travel reimbursement (which also grants you with a Nomadways annual membership).
Deadline: 20 December 2017