Theatertreffen (Germany) > International Forum: Open Call 2018
This call is aimed at theatre makers up to the age of 35 from the fields of directing, acting, design, dramaturgy, writing, music, video, performance, choreography and other artistic disciplines. The International Forum is a 18 days scholarship programme organised by the Berliner Festspiele’s Theatertreffen and sponsors theatre makers from all parts of the world.
The organisers are especially interested in hearing from artists whose work addresses socially relevant issues, outlines new narratives and perspectives and seeks to connect with traditional theatre forms with the aim of developing them further and looking for new aesthetic idioms. The Open Call is aimed both at artists and actors employed by established theatre.
The programme includes the presentation of the invited theatre makers and their aesthetic practice in lectures, workshops held by renowned artists, experts and scholars, attendance at performances and artists’ talks of Theatertreffen and Stückemarkt, open space events and discussions on relevant topics of contemporary art as well as excursions into the varied cultural landscape of Berlin.
The scholarship normally includes:
- All costs of participation for the programme
- Tickets to theatre performances of the Theatertreffen and selected events of the Stückemarkt and the international platform Shifting Perspectives
- Travel expenses (depending on the country of origin, the costs for the use of the cheapest travel option possible, will be completely or partially covered, or no travel costs will be covered at all)
- Hotel accommodation with breakfast (excluding fellows resident in Berlin)
- Per diem (according to the performance agreement, this depends on the country of origin and does not apply to fellows resident in Berlin)
Deadline: 15 December 2017