Open Call for 2018 Pier 2 Artist in Residence (Taiwan)
The creation plans during the artists’ stay in Taiwan must involve the Kaohsiungs’ local culture, geographic environment, cultural landscape, social conditions, and other related issues. The organisers are open to any fields of art.
AIR Artist in Residency 2018 offer 8 participating artists the following:
· Free accommodation (private room)/ private studio.
· Round trip economic class airline tickets (proof required for reimbursement).
· A daily living allowance NT$500 per day
· Subsidy Material fees (determined based on the plan of each creation.)
Foreign artists are requires to deduct USD/ Euro 50 from transportation fees (roundtrip) as a deposit. Local artist are requires to deduct NTD 2000 as a deposit. The whole deposit will refund after artists submitted the closure report, finished communication and cooperation plan, and procedure of checking out.
· Artists are required to execute their residency plan before the residency period expires.
· At least one art work or project of artist by mutual consent, should be left in Pier 2 Art Center before the residency period expires.
· Artists are required to finish the communication and cooperation plan during the · residency periods. (art works, workshop, academic exchange, education programs, community empowerment, etc.)
Deadline: 31 December 2017