Yokohama Dance Collection 2018 (Japan) > The competition is open!
Since its launch in 1996, the aims of the Yokohama Dance Collection have been to discover and foster young choreographers and to promote the spread of contemporary dance.
The competition at the core of this festival places great value on the originality of choreography that brings new perspectives to the body and creative expression in tune with our time.
The principal venue is the Yokohama Red Brick Warehouse No.1, which since its construction in 1913 has played an enormous role, as a major point in global distribution networks, in the advancement of Japan and other countries.In 2002, they reopened as a tourist attraction dedicated to artistic and cultural creativity.
These historic structures have become the stage on which young artists explore the potential of new forms of creative expression, pioneering the future of creativity, and playing an important role in creating a more diverse society.
Conditions for application:
1. The work must have been choreographed within the last two years (since 2015).
2. Solo, Duo or Group work are acceptable.
3. The work previously performed during Yokohama Dance Collection may not be submitted.
4. The work must be limited to 20 minutes in length at the final stage.
5. Only one work can be applied.
6. Contents of work should be appropriate within the confines of the Japanese laws in the Competition
Jury Prize: Opportunity to perform at the Prize’s Performance at Yokohama Dance Collection
¥400,000 prize (a grant to subsidize creative activities)
French Embassy Prize for Young Choreographer: 2-6 months of residency in France during 2018
MASDANZA Prize: Right to compete at the International Contemporary Dance Festival MASDANZA in Spain in 2018
FITS prize: Opportunity to perform at 26th edition of Sibiu International Theatre Festival in Romania in 2019
Deadline: 17 July 2017