Call for participation in the KIBRIT artistic residency programme 2017 (Morocco/Palestine)
The 2017 KIBRIT residency programme is run by LE 18 (Marrakech) and Ramallah Municipality (Ramallah). The residency programme aims at offering the opportunity to artists, curators or cultural researchers coming from, or working in North Africa and Middle East to spend one month in either Marrakech or Ramallah researching or producing artworks linked to cultural heritage and collective memory in the two cities.
Applicants must specify to which location and research focus they are applying. Applicants must be:
● Active in North Africa and/or the Middle-East;
● Available for at least one month of residency in the indicated period (for details see below);
● Able to speak fluently either Arabic, French or English (Marrakech residency), and Arabic or English (Ramallah residency);
● The residency in Marrakech is open to artists coming from Ramallah/ Palestine only;
● There is no restriction in regards to nationality or city of residency for the residency in Ramallah.
Travels among other costs are covered.
Deadline (extended): 25 June 2017