Open Call for the 4th Crystal Ruth Bell Residency - Care (China)
For the fourth edition of the Crystal Ruth Bell Residency, Red Gate & China Residencies are inviting people to apply for a funded residency in Beijing for the months of November and December 2017. The organisers are calling for people of all types of creative practices, of all passports, ages, gender-identities, abilities, and interests to send us proposals for projects to pursue in Beijing this winter around the principle of"care" - in any way the term makes sense to you.
Performers, filmmakers, poets, writers, researchers, photographers, choreographers, chefs, designers, developers, activists, scientists, architects, and all kinds of visual artists are encouraged to apply with a project proposal that reflects some of Crystal's interests and driving forces: generosity, loyalty, friendship, justice, and bikes.
The Crystal Ruth Bell Residency covers:
- A live/work apartment in Tuanjiehu in downtown Beijing
- Funding for travel and visa expenses
- Airport pickups, welcome dinner and orientation upon arrival
- Project support and coordination
- Artist talk & studio visits (optional)
- USD $1,000 research stipend (enough to cover meals and daily living expenses in Beijing)
- Open studio exhibition
Deadline: 17 July 2017