Delfina Foundation (UK) > Open call for Eastern European artists
In partnership with Gaia Foundation, DF is offering a twelve-week residency to an artist living in Eastern Europe and of Slavic heritage. In April 2017 DF launched a new thematic programme: Collecting as Practice, and applications relating to this theme are preferred. The residency period is 8 January to 30 March 2018.
During the residency, DF will develop a structured series of events and activities enabling residents to:
• Research and develop areas of interest
• Develop skills via training and mentoring
• Access information and resources through independent study, field trips and workshops
• Participate in both internal and external/public eventsTypical participants will include early to mid career practitioners.
THE SELECTED ARTIST WILL RECEIVE:
• A twelve-week residency in London, including one return, economy-class flight, and a living allowance for food and materials;
• A single bedroom at DF with shared facilities, such as the laundry room, kitchen, and dining room
• Opportunities to engage in the art scene in UK through structured and independent time and activities
• Access to a programme of planned group activities and visits to cultural organisations in the UK
• An Eastern European citizen, currently living and working in the region and preferably of Slavic heritage;
• Seeking an opportunity to develop your practice
• Able to explain how the experience of an international residency may benefit your career development and in particular why an opportunity in London would be beneficial
Deadline for applications: 15 June 2017