initiative for contemporary art tranzit.cz > Institution in residence (Czech Republic)
The initiative for contemporary art tranzit.cz presents the programme Institution in Residence, which initiates a creative and critical contemplation of artistic institutions.
It challenges organisations, collectives or individuals to invent institutions, experiment with formats and programmes of organisations, in order to offer an alternative ordering of functional and power relations, an innovative use of time capacities etc.
Institution in Residence offers institutions the option of residence within the framework of the legal and material infrastructure of tranzit.cz in Prague, Czech Republic (Institution in Residence). Co-operation is possible also without the necessity of physical relocation, by means of electronic consultation, financial support (Institution-in-Time-Residence/Institution-in-E-Residence) etc.
The internationally conceived residence programme enables institutions to avoid forced production, an instrumental exchange of projects and enables institutions to focus on developing alternatives to existing institutional practice.
The aim of the challenge is to revitalise political and poetic versions of internationalism and to create working relationships and conditions within the framework of temporarily constituted autonomy.
Institution in Residence is a component of Institutional Therapy of tranzit.cz, a programme which attempts to bridge the divide between the methods of work and the mission of an artistic organisation.
The product of the residential programme shall be made to measure outputs and a blog presenting reports on the experiences and knowledge gained during the residence.
The organisers are looking for:
- an independent and responsible cultural organisation, collective or individuals
- with an interest in social issues, feminism and post-colonial themes
- focus on the contemporary culture of Ukraine, Vietnam and Indonesia an advantage
- institutional history is welcome but not a condition.
- the opportunity to make use of an office and flat in Prague, Czech Republic, for a period of two – three months in the period May – December 2017
- coverage of travel expenses
- monthly grant of 2 300 EUR
Deadline: 15 May 2017