Fellowship program ISPA - International Society for the Performing Arts
ISPA is looking for performing arts professionals who are emerging in their careers, or established in their careers locally but emerging on the international performing arts scene. ISPA accepts applications from all regions of the world, with particular attention paid to applicants from developing economies.
Individuals who are deeply committed to increasing the global connectivity of the performing arts industry, and who take initiative in their own professional development should apply. Those who enjoy engaging with a diverse group of people will be most successful in the program. Please note that ISPA is not a traditional arts marketplace, and opportunities for self-promotion instead of professional development are limited to specific programs!
The ISPA Fellowship program was created to provide emerging performing arts professionals with an opportunity to expand their international network by attending an ISPA Congress. Each year a group of emerging leaders are selected to participate in the program and receive:
• A complimentary one-year ISPA membership with full access to all member benefits
• A complimentary full pass registration to the New York ISPA Congress
• Access to a one day Seminar prior to the Congress where Fellows have the opportunity to interact with their colleagues and learn from industry professionals from around the world through a series of conversations and workshops
• A subsidy to assist with travel and accommodation expenses related to attending the New York ISPA Congress
Applicants should meet some criteria including the following:
• Be currently employed/working in performing arts management;
• Have a minimum of 5 years professional experience in the performing arts field;
• Demonstrate a need for financial assistance;
• Ability to attend and fully participate in a one-day Fellowship orientation and educational seminar on Monday, January 14th, 2013 in New York City.
• Ability to attend and fully participate in ISPA’s 65th New York Congress on January 15 – 17, 2013 in New York City.
• Have received no more than one ISPA Fellowship in the past;
Accepted Fellows should be prepared to submit a post-Congress report to ISPA.
ISPA welcomes all eligible applications. The demand for the Fellowships far exceeds ISPA’s ability to fund all qualified applicants and/or specific financial requests. Cash travel subsidies generally do not exceed $2,500 USD.
Find all the details online.
Deadline for applications: 13 September.