Call for curators - DETOUR 2012 - Hong Kong
Hong Kong Ambassadors of Design is seeking a curator to lead DETOUR 2012. We invite the local and international design community to participate and submit a proposal for curatorship and artistic direction. The proposal should include thematic concept, suggestions for brand identity, and promotional strategies. Proposal should illustrate your vision with prospective exhibitions, workshops, lectures, and supporting documentation. Please submit your proposal in A3 format, maximum of 4 pages written + 10 pages visuals.
The curator will receive a competitive consultation fee as well as travel expense to Hong Kong for foreign applicants.
Scope of work
• Develop curatorial theme/approach relating aspect(s) of contemporary design/creative culture to Hong Kong and/or to the exhibition site
• Construct a rich program of exhibitions, lectures, workshops, and other related events to engage and inspire the public
• Develop PR/marketing strategies and work with appointed vendors on implementation
• Recruit local and international exhibitors/participants and act as liaison for the project
• Closely manage relevant project/exhibition budgets
• Manage on-site events and programs for the duration of festival
DETOUR (30 November–16 December, 2012) aims to capture the public imagination and to celebrate the creative aspects of Hong Kong. Conceived in 2006 as an annual event running with The Business of Design Week, it consists of a variety of events incorporating the most original, bold and stimulating ideas from both Hong Kong and across the globe. With record attendance of over 50,000 visitors in 2011 (held at the Former Police Married Quarters on Hollywood Road), DETOUR has gained local as well as international recognition and become one of the biggest and most celebrated design events in Asia.
For further information regarding DETOUR, visit www.detour.hk.
Interested parties please contact T 852 2739 6889 or email email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: 6 August.