MAP/P / Mostra de processos / Portugal
MAP/P is neither a festival nor a platform. MAP/P is a presentation place to the creative process related to a piece. A time to share with the audience the research, essays, reflections, selection, collections, work material. The emphasis isn’t focused on the final product, but the on sharing of the creative process and all the research done to a specific piece. The presentation to the public, which may take the form of performance, exhibition, video, video conferencing, chat, portfolio analysis, or whatever, should be a moment of sharing with the audience the research directed to creation. MAP/P is open to any artist (Portuguese or international), whose work uses movement as a root to create – movement based works. Despite the title containing the name of the country, for this project it’s only a reference to the geographical place of the show.
- Open call from 15th.Feb to 01st.May.12. Each artist can summit a maximum of 03 works (from the same area or from different areas). The jury will select a maximum of 20 proposals; - The selection will be directed by Fábrica de Movimentos (which will select and announce the jury promptly). Will be considered the originality of the project, the context of each proposal and the specific technical needs of each project;
- can be applied any work from any creative area, but it is required that work to be movement based; - the proposals must have begun in 2011. Previous proposals can be considered as the relevance and originality of the work/proposal;
- There will not be any kind of payment for fees or cachets. Any costs arising from preparation of the shows should be agreed between the artist / s and event production; - Promotional materials will be edited in order to be delivered to the professional guests as well as to the audience. So, all the selected artists must
provide in due time, all the information that might be useful to be included on the promotional materials; - Production of MAP-P is not responsible for any extra promotional material that artists desire to distribute. In any case the materials must be approved by the production, which might help with the distribution;
- Each artist has 20mins to present their proposal. The presentation will be scheduled in accordance with the artist’s and venues availability, considering the festival dates. The proposals must be open to the public during MAP/P;
- any doubts and questions should be asked to production.
- artists from any creative area, with a movement based proposal;
- students from any creative area, with a movement based proposal;
- people interested in the artistic process with or without prior training or experience
Find out all the details and fill in the application form on Fábrica de Movimentos' website or in the attached document (in Portuguese and English)