Roberto Cimetta Fund - Open call for travel grants - March 2012
The Roberto Cimetta Fund is launching the second 2012 open call for travel grants from 1st to 31st March 2012. Artists and cultural professionals living and working in the Euro-Arab and Mediterranean regions can apply. Priority is given to mobility from the South and East of these regions.
The General Fund is open to all requests for travel grants that respect the eligibility criteria of RCF, whatever the destination of travel, the artistic discipline or the direction of mobility. The General Fund functions on an annual basis which means that candidates can apply for the March session and to the other sessions in June and September depending on the funding available. The Conseil Général Bouches du Rhône and Marseille-Provence 2013 provide funding for the other specific funding lines. Details concerning these funding lines are provided on the Cimetta Fund websitewww.cimettafund.org.
The following general criteria of RCF apply to all of these funds.
1) The aim of your trip must directly or indirectly show potential for a constructive and long-term impact on the arts sector in the Mediterranean basin. This means that your travel must contribute to your own capacity building, which in turn can be shared in a “networking” fashion that will benefit connecting artists and operators in your own country or region so as to maintain, renew and develop contemporary arts.
2) New criteria: Your trip can take place as soon as the call opens but in this case you run the risk of buying your ticket without knowing if the application is successful or not.
3) Applicant’s profile
- No nationality or age criteria: Applicant lives or works in the Euro-Mediterranean region.
- Profession: performers, creators, teachers, cultural organisers, administrators, project leaders.
- Financial means: applicants who are unable to find the financial resources themselves.
4) Applications must be made by individuals not organisations. Only 3 members of a group can apply for a grant concerning the same project. A grant holder can only reapply twice. Applicants must choose the cheapest form of transport and can only apply for one international return travel ticket and visa costs (local transport is not reimbursed).
The results are announced as follows:
Second session: 1st June 2012 (Deadline for receiving applications: 31/03/2012)
Third session: 1st September 2012 (Deadline for receiving applications: 30/06/2012)
Fourth session: 1st December 2012 (Deadline for receiving applications: 30/09/2012)
If you want to apply, please visit the Roberto Cimetta Fund’s website and fill in the contact form on the website. The office of the Fund will send you the appropriate form to fill out and send back on email@example.com.
Update of criteria for Marseille-Provence 2013 Fund: The European capital of Culture year Marseille-Provence 2013 is fast approaching and the programming of the events in 2013 has already been confirmed. For this reason, the eligibility criteria to the RCF/Marseille-Provence 2013 Fund has become more specific to adapt to this new context. Individual mobility applications that concern travel taking place within a project produced or co-produced by Marseille-Provence 2013 are no longer eligible unless the request allows to develop an additional part of the project in the South.
Find all the details on Roberto Cimetta Fund's website.