Open Call > International Sculpture Symposium European Capital of Culture – Pafos2017 “Legends and Sculptures”
The International Sculpture Symposium European Capital of Culture – Pafos2017 will be held in Yeroskipou, Cyprus 15th – 30th July 2017.
– creation of an outdoor sculpture park
– cultural and tourist development of the area
– aesthetic improvement of the area
– contact and acquaintance of Paphos visitors with the art of sculpture.
– exchange of art knowledge and experiences amongst artists of different cultures.
The topic of the Symposium
Paphos: Nature and Mythology
Cyprus Stone up to 2 cubic meters
The Symposium provides the participants with:
- accommodation (near the place of the symposium)
– € 30 (per diems) for food expenses
– a water cooler at the Symposium
– the stone for the project – up to 2 cubic meters
– € 2.500 after completion of the project.
– airport tickets for international artists – the cost should not exit €600
– electricity, air compressor , crane, storage , protection from the sun or rain ( tents )
– transfer from and to the airports Paphos/Larnaca
The Jury will select 10 sculptors according to their project proposal.
Deadline: 15 September