European Cultural Parliament / Youth Network ECP YN - Call for members
The ECP Y N is a network of cultural practitioners between the ages of 20 and 35 based in Europe. It is an extended branch of the European Cultural Parliament and created within its framework. The founders and members of the Y N are united by a common interest in boosting the value of arts and culture and strengthening European cohesion.
After eight sessions of the ECP a need was felt to open the unique pan-European forum for the next generation of cultural actors who could add new perspectives.
A group of young artists and cultural experts was then invited to the 9th session of the ECP in Athens in 2010 with a view to testing the idea of creating a new youth network within the framework of the ECP. A workshop was held where a potential development of the youth network was discussed. Very soon a core group of committed people was established.
The core group members come from many different countries: Sabina Baciu (Romania), Agnieszka Cichocka (Poland), Stephanie Gaillard (UK), Antje Kohlrusch (Germany), Susan Lahesalu (Estonia), Judit Plana Jansana (Spain/UK), Johanna Suo (Sweden/France/UK), Steven Walter (Germany/USA), Stephania Xydia (Greece).
The ECP YN is currently calling for members. The selected 10 national team members need to fulfill the following criteria:
• Students, Professionals, Cultural Entrepreneurs (different artistic professions are very welcome within this category), Researchers in the field of Cultural Policy and Management. Young persons from other sectors can also be included in the national teams depending on motivation and experience.
• Aged 20-35
• Fluent in English (additional languages a plus)
• Interested in Intercultural Exchange and Pan European Integration
• Showing commitment and spend one working hour every week on the networks joint activities
• Motivation to practically participate in art and culture related activities and being
able to demonstrate this.
Deadline for applications: 21 December.
Find all details online.
This opportunity came via Banlieues d'Europe.