International Perspectives on Artist Residencies - IFACCA d'Art Topic n. 45
There appears to be a worldwide interest in artist residencies, and many government agencies are involved in supporting residency programs and/or the artists that take part in them.
In October 2012, IFACCA conducted a survey of its members to understand more about global trends in government support for artist residencies, in preparation for the Res Artis General Meeting in Tokyo, Japan. At the General Meeting, it became apparent that this report should cover not just IFACCA’s survey analysis but also some of the research, knowledge and experiences presented at the meeting.
IFACCA therefore invited the following participants to share their expertise:
- President of Res Artis, Mario A. Caro
- Director of the Akademie Schloss Solitude, Jean-Baptiste Joly
- Acting Deputy Director for Cultural Exchange of the Asia-Europe Foundation, Anupama Sekhar
- Director of Arts and Cultural Projects, NLI Research Institute Tokyo, Mitsuhiro Yoshimoto.
We thank each of these participants, and the survey respondents, for their contribution to the report.
The report considers:
- Government Support for Artist Residencies
- Objectives and Outcomes of Residencies
- Mapping of Residencies
- Funding Opportunities for Residencies
- Evaluation of Residencies
- Future Actions
Find the report online.