trans_2013-2014 Residence at Akiyoshidai International Art Village (Japan)
The prefix ‘trans’ means to go beyond, get across, cross, exchange, change and convert.
The Residence Support Program provides a time and place for artists to experience new encounters and carry out experiments to guide their future projects. Participating artists are expected to bring new ideas to the local culture and people while they, in turn, will hopefully acquire new perspectives through these fresh encounters. As a result of the residence program, the artists will convey their new experiences, gathered from the local lifestyle and our particular geographic situation, to their next destination. We hope that the residence program at Akiyoshidai International Art Village becomes a space for artists to go beyond cultural borders and expand their outlooks, exchange their unique understandings and establish relationships with fellow artists.
Residency period: 19 January (Sun) – 14 March (Fri), 2014 [55 days]
The call is open to individual artists or groups up to 2 people; 2 international and 1 Japanese artist under 40 years of age will be selected.
Artists must be able:
(1) to stay at AIAV during the designated period of time.
(2) to participate in all pubic programs, e.g. open studio, presentations and talks and to create new work.
(3) to participate in the exchange programs for local community, e.g. talks, lectures and outreach programs.
(4) to provide images and documentations, e.g. pictures and videos, for publicity and archiving in accordance with AIAV’s request.
(5) to take part in educational programs at local schools and universities in English or Japanese.
(6) to work and live independently.
(7) to present the results of the residence program, e.g. exhibitions, reviews or talks outside Japan within a year after the program.
The support provided by the organisers includes a round trip from your address to Akiyoshidai International Art Village (a round trip tickets for international flights, domestic flights and/or domestic railway tickets).
Deadline: 31 July.
Find all the details online.