The Art Museums of Skagen is one museum with three locations in Skagen – all of them with a focus on members of the Scandinavian artists’ colony the Skagen painters, who were active in Skagen from the end of the nineteenth century. With Skagen AiR, the historical studios of the Skagen painters located in the historical and beautiful gardens of the Art Museums of Skagen will be revitalised.
Professional Nordic artists may apply for a residency that will run from 28 February – 22 May 2024. To apply, applicants must have completed a relevant artistic educational programme or have documented experience within professional artistic contexts. Applicants must be citizens of and living in one of the following countries: Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, or the Faroe Islands.
The programme provides:
- A twelve-week residency in Skagen, Denmark.
- Studio facilities oozing history and artistic spirit.
- Accommodation in an inspiring and creative environment.
- An individually tailored programme to help connect to the local community and to support artistic research and practice.
- A monthly allowance of € 1400 / DKK 10,500 to cover living expenses, local transport, and the cost of materials and production.
- A travel grant for an economy-class flight to Denmark and back.