Wandering Arts Biennial 2016 - Open Call (Belgium)
The Wandering Arts Biennial is an artistic project that offers a context and platform to nomadic practices of artists. WAB brings together various mobile arts projects and facilitates crossovers between the participating artists, and their projects or researches about mobility.
This open call is for artistic projects that focus on various interpretations of mobile arts practices, such as :
- Performance in public space
- Nomadism as artistic research method
- Journalism and cultural exchange
- Exploration as a motive for artistic expression and innovation
- The public space as a meeting and experience space
- Mobile temporary/alternative studio
For the second edition of the WAB the organisers are still looking for artists, collectives, (existing) projects, artistic organisations, etc who want to participate in 2016.
Your proposal shall include an estimation of costs you need from WAB to co-fund your project. (Please note that the possibility of co-financial support by WAB depends on the funds we are able to collect.)*
Deadline: 15 July
* On the Move only publishes calls when travel support can be at least partially covered (see OTM editorial policy). However we made an exception for this call, the focus being on mobility and mobile types of experiences.