AIR Array: Perspectives on Artist in Residence Programmes
AIR Array: Perspectives on Artist in Residence Programmes is a compilation of content developed during the event AIR ARRAY: Meeting of Artist in Residence Programmes and Mobility Workshop for Artists which was held at Matadero Madrid and Casa de Velázquez - Académie de France à Madrid in March 2015. The publication features summaries of activities which took place over the three days of the event as well as essays further exploring the key issues raised.
Topics covered include:
• Practical advice for setting up and successfully running a residency
• How residencies can communicate their activities effectively
• How artists, residencies, and anyone else involved in culture can approach the phenomenon of AIR programmes from an ethical point of view
• What position AIR programmes have in relation to the rest of the contemporary art ecosystem
• Advice for artists thinking of participating in an AIR programme, or starting their own
• Practical tools and links for anyone conducting research on or those wishing to learn more about mobility opportunities for artists
Find the publication in English.