Culture's role in the European Union's external relations
'More Europe' is a 12 month long campaign (2011-2012) which aims to convince EU politicians and policy makers to place cultural relations in the heart of the EU's external affairs.
On its website, 'More Europe' has gathered several speeches, presentations, arguments, publications, researches and surveys from various key players to highlight and reinforce the role of culture in the EU’s external relations.
Among other, you will find:
- the speech delivered by EU Commissioner Androulla Vassiliou (August 2012): CULTURE'S ROLE IN THE EUROPEAN UNION'S EXTERNAL RELATIONS
- Rod Fisher's presentation to the More Europe - external cultural relations seminar in Paris (May 2012): Towards a common European cultural diplomacy ? a contribution ot hte debate
- Input paper for the More Europe Amsterdam debate on culture and creative industries in the EU's external relations, by Andrew Senior (September 2012): New opportunities for external relations – nurturing cultural exchange and economic development through the creative economy
- For More Europe - external cultural relations participation to the EUNIC Culture Plus conference on Culture and Diplomacy (Prag, April 2012), M. Gottfried Wagner, advisor to More Europe presented More Europe and gave "10 provocative arguments for culture in the EU's external relations"
- Surveys and publications from LabForCulture.org, such as Does Europe need a foreign cultural policy ? , A cultural component as an integral part of the EU's foreign policy ?, A cultural dimension to the EU's external policies - from policy statements to practice and potential, and much more.