Linking the Arts to Environment and Sustainable Development Issues , case studies by ASEF (2010-2012)
The Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) has published "Linking the Arts to Environment and Sustainable Development Issues" (April 2012), a report that gathers case studies form nine Asian countries (India, Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Mongolia, Singapore).
Selected projects are good practices on how to connect the arts to initiatives tackling environmental sustainability issues. The research project aimed to carefully document case studies that can not only provide inspiration for networking and collaboration between Asia and Europe in this area but also aid policy making and planning.
You can read a selection of the profiles on culture360.org, ASEF's cultural web portal:
- Bridging Gaps through Native Wisdom (Malaysia)
- The Art of Urban Planning (India)
- 360° Land Art Biennale (Mongolia)
- Artist perspectives on community life (Thailand)
- Community through art, a conversation (Singapore)