Launch of Networks: The evolving aspects of Culture in the 21st Century, edited by Culturelink Network
With this book, Culturelink marks twenty years of its continuous networking and research activities in cultural development, cultural policies, intercultural communication and international cultural cooperation.
Researchers from all continents investigate the role and relevance that cultural networks have in cultural development and communication, and new perspectives of cultural networking in the 21st century. Special consideration is given to the position of cultural networks within cultural policy structures and to the effective usage of innovative information and communication technologies.
Apart from the Foreword and the Introduction, dedicated to the establishment and the development of Culturelink, the book has four main chapters:
- Networks and Cultural Policy. Transformation of Cultural Networks. Regional and Functional Specialization,
- Effects of ICT and Digital Culture on the Dynamics of Networking,
- Artists' Mobility, Transnational Space and Transnational Creativity: The Role of Networks
- Different Aspects of Cultural Networks: Examples of Good Practices in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe and Latin America
The evolving networking culture is the issue of the fifth chapter. It analyses networking culture within its current context and perspectives, and raises some fundamental questions about the future of networking and the possible futures of cultural networks.
The book's table of contents and foreword are available in pdf format.
In the third chapter, Artists' Mobility, Transnational Space and Transnational Creativity: The Role of Networks, the role of networks in artists’ mobility is emphasized. Networks link like-minded organizations and individuals over large distances into an interactive and cooperative association, facilitating participative and transformational art, as well as the exchange, promotion and distribution of cultural production.
Content of this chapter on Artists' Mobility:
- Networks as contemporary diasporas: artists in between individuality and the community in Europe, by Cristina Farinha
- 141 Formas artísticas emergentes de lo colectivo en América Latina. La cultura como política transformadora, byRasia Friedler
- 151 Cultural networks – how to assess?, by Paul van Paaschen.
Networks: The Evolving Aspects of Culture in the 21st Century
edited by Biserka Cvjeticanin, Culturelink Joint Publication Series no.15
Culturelink Network / IMO, Zagreb, 2011, 281 pp., ISBN 978-953-6096-57-2
The book may be ordered here.