Asia Culture Center (ACC), Gwangju and Rijksakademie, Amsterdam > Joint residency programme
The Asia Culture Center (ACC) in Gwangju and Rijksakademie in Amsterdam present their preliminary joint residence exchange programme with an open call for four Asia based artists to be supported by the ACC.
The ACC-Rijksakademie Dialogue and Exchange pursues a new model of artist in residence program by juxtaposing two different approaches to supporting art practices that reflect the specificities of both institutions: a model with the facilities and history that its longstanding existence entails, and a model under development by a newly established culture center focusing on Asia.
Divided into two three-month-long sessions, one based in Gwangju and the other in Amsterdam, this program will be launched in Gwangju from September 2015. For this launch edition and session, eight artists in total will take part, four selected through this open call and four selected from the Rijksakademie alumni.
In Gwangju and Amsterdam participants can expect:
- Round trip airfare (economy) to Gwangju and later to Amsterdam
- Accommodation, work space and stipend
Participant requirements are:
- Research-based practicing Artist between the ages of 25 and 40
- To be able and willing to communicate in English throughout the programme
- To be able to show demonstrable interest in research based practices as well as engaging with others during research processes
Deadline: 31 May