In January-May 2014, we're working on...
Here's a quick overview of what we're working on in January-May 2014 beyond sharing news on OTM website:
- One week of meetings with Foundations and organisations* in New York and Washington (USA) thanks to the coordination of OTM member / Theatre Without Borders (6-11 January 2014)
- Coordination in Berlin (Germany) on 12-13 March 2014 of a workshop for European cultural mobility funders on green issues, as part of the EU funded project GALA (initiated by Trans Artists and Julie's Bicycle). In cooperation with ITI and IGBK.
- General Assembly of On the Move in Amsterdam on 2 April 2014, hosted by DutchCulture and prior to the Trans Europe Halles conference "The Future is not what it used to be" (co-organised with P60 and Melkweg)
- Facilitation of a brainstorming meeting with cultural mobility funders and stakeholders on 12 May 2014 in Melbourne, in partnership with RES ARTIS and Asialink and prior to the IETM Asia Satellite Meeting* Asian Cultural Council, La Mama, National Endowment for the Arts, CUNY, CEC-ArtsLink, FreeDimensional, British Council, French embassy (FACE), Dutch embassy, and also TransCultural Exchange and Tamizdat.
- We're part of the GO VOTE campaign for European elections 2014!
- Follow-ups on the results of the EC/DG Home public consultation on Schengen short-stay visas and artists' mobility and disseminate/enrich the page on cultural mobility and visas.
- Diffusion of the Charter for a sustainable and responsible cultural mobility.
- Research on social security and taxation for mobile EU artists and cultural professionals, in view of an EC convened meeting on the subject in June 2014 (research commissioned via the European Expert Network on Culture).
Information / Publications
New online publications since April 2014:
- First cultural mobility experiences for European artists and cultural professionals in CHINA (with the support of the Mission of the People's Republic of China to the European Union)
- Cultural Mobility Funding Guide - Focus on 13 Arab countries, with the support of Korea Arts Management Service and the research coordination by the Arab Education Forum.
Further dissemination of:
- Move on, Cultural Mobility for beginners (newly edited in December 2013)