Research Fellowship 2012 for curators and researchers from India and the Middle East & North Africa
Delfina Foundation and the Foundation for Indian Contemporary Artare pleased to invite applicants from India and the Middle East & North Africa region for the Research Fellowship 2012 in partnership with Iniva (Institute of International Visual Arts) and the Goldsmith’s Department of Visual Cultures and the PhD. Program in Curatorial/Knowledge.
The Research Fellowship 2012 aims to provide an opportunity for intensive research in the field of visual arts by curators and researchers who have an innovative visual culture project, and who might benefit from the research and curatorial work that is being done by the fellowship's partner institutions in London. Artists are welcome to apply; however this residency is largely focused on the development of critical-curatorial discourse, not singularly on artistic practice.
FICA is supporting a research fellow from India to be in residence alongside a participant from the Middle East & North Africa region, supported by Delfina Foundation. Please note that Indian participants should apply directly to FICA and applicants from MENA should apply to Delfina Foundation.
The 2012 recipients will receive:
· A 12-week residency (late September to December) in London, including one return flight to London, a bursary for per diems and basic living costs, and accommodation at Delfina Foundation. Please note that any request for change in dates will not be accommodated.
· Access to attend Goldsmith’s post-graduate courses and the Curatorial/Knowledge seminars
· Access to the Iniva’s Stuart Hall Library and Archive
· An opportunity to assist with Iniva and Delfina Foundation’s programming
· Goldsmiths, Iniva and Delfina Foundation will provide an important platform to the recipient scholar to meet fellow research scholars, artists and a network of professionals in the field of contemporary art in London
Deadline for applications: 30 June.
Find all the details online.