The world's first international teaching artist conference
SEANSE ART CENTER is proud to present the first international conference to focus on TEACHING ARTISTRY.
We invite artists, arts educators, administrators, and interested professionals from all over the world to join us for an unprecedented three days of inquiry into this worldwide phenomenon, this rich opportunity, this growing trend.
The conference will take place in Oslo (Norway) on August, 29-31.
To create an inspiring and high impact gathering, the conference will have limited number of participants.
We anticipate applicants from all over the world,and the selection criteria for attendance will seek to create a diverse participant group - artistically, geographically, philosophically, professionally, and in age.
Deadline for applications: 25 May.
Find all the details and the application form online.
The unprecedented program includes keynotes from world leading professionals in the field:
• ERIC BOOTH (Teaching artist, international consultant, often called the father of the teaching artist profession) USA
• ANNA CUTLER (Director of Learning) Tate Museums; a leading innovator in the field) United Kingdom
• GIGI ANTONI (CEO/President of Big Thought, Dallas, USA, former teaching artist and national leader in arts education change) USA
Four practical teaching artist SESSIONS will be presented by professionals in pairs that include a practicing teaching artist and a collegue who can illuminate the distinctive cultural context and purpose of the work in their country:
• GRACE GACHOCHA (Theatre artist/teaching artist) and AMANDINA LIHAMBA (Theatre professor) Tanzania
• HILARY EASTON (Dance artist/teaching artist) and SARAH JOHNSON (Director Weill Music Institute AT Carnegie Hall), USA
• JUAN FELIPE MOLANO (Music conductor/educator) and JUAN ANTONIO CUELLAR (Professor and President of Batuta El Sistema of Colombia), Colombia
• MARIT MOLTU (Visual artist/ teaching artist) and MARIT ULVUND (Ass. professor/Director Seanse) Norway
Three inspiring, experienced commentators with international perspectives will culminate the Conference:
• Professor Anne Bamford, United Kingdom
• Professor Brad Haseman, Australia
• Actor/director Johannes Joner, Norway
The conference hosts will be Eric Booth and Marit Ulvund.